Welcome to dotAmazing! It’s amazing to have you with us. Please fill in this ONFORM so we can get you set up on the system.
All the questions are optional, to allow you to skip them, but if this was a real new starter form it’s likely that most of the questions would be required.
The following is to explain your rights and give you the information you are entitled to under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (“the Data Protection Legislation”). This notice only refers to your personal data (e.g. your name, email address, and anything that could be used to identify you personally) not the content of your response to the survey.
1. The identity of the data controller and contact details of our Data Protection Officer
dotAmazing is the data controller. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com.
2. Why we are collecting your personal data
Your personal data is being collected as part of this survey as you are a new employee (woohoo!) so that we can discharge the legal duties and responsibilities bestowed upon us as your employer and to enable payment of salary/wages/NI/tax/ pension contributions/ expenses.
3. Our legal basis for processing your personal data
It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party and/or for compliance with a legal obligation and/or for the legitimate interests of the organisation.
4. With whom we will be sharing your personal data
Members of the organisation who supervise or are involved in the service provision and payroll functions / pension providers/ Legal / HR advisors / potential employers.
5. For how long we will keep your personal data, or criteria used to determine the retention period
Six years after employment ceases.
6. Your rights, e.g. access, rectification, erasure
The data we are collecting is your personal data, and you have considerable say over what happens to it. You have the right:
- to see what data we have about you:
- to ask us to stop using your data, but keep it on record;
- to have all or some of your data deleted or corrected; and
- to lodge a complaint with the independent Information Commissioner if you think we are not handling your data fairly or in accordance with the law.
You can contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/, or telephone 0303 123 1113. ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
7. Additional notifications
Further to the above, you should also be aware of the following:
- Your personal data will not be sent outside the EEA;
- Your personal data will not be used for any automated decision making; and
- Your personal data will be stored in a secure system and the ONFORM server.